An Emergency Department (ED), also known as Emergency Room (ER), Emergency Care Unit (ECU), or Casualty Department, is a place for medical treatment service –which is specialized In emergency medicine, the keen care of patients whether they appear without any prior appointment; or they have managed to come by an ambulance or by their own means.
The emergency department is generally found in the hospitals or other primary care centers to deliver quality services and facilities to the patients. Here is the list containing critical conditions which are handled in the Emergency Care Unit (Emergency Department):
- Cardiac Arrest: Cardiac arrest is the chronic condition in which a patient may be transported by an ambulance to the ECU. The treatment procedure is either basic life support or advanced life support. A cardiac arrest is an instant life-threatening condition which calls for an immediate treatment in salvageable cases.
- Heart Attack: The people who have a grave heart attack (myocardial infarction) can immediately get into an emergency department. Here, they would be provided oxygen along with monitoring and also have an early ECG; aspirin and morphine will also be given for pain and other requirements. There are lots of other treatments for treating heart attack; the whole department of ECU is profound and potent to bestow best facilities on the patients.
- Mental Illness: Some patients become a part of emergency department having a complaint of mental illness. The emergency care unit conducts a medical clearance for mentally disturbed (ill) patients rather than treating the acute behavioral disorders. Today’s advanced technology helps the emergency department to deal and combat the serious issues like mental illness.
- Trauma: Trauma team of ECU treats trauma effectively; the trauma team has been trained using the ideology taught in the internationally renowned Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) course. The services that are offered in an emergency care unit can range from x-rays to those of a full-scale trauma center. From the treatment in emergency department, a patient’s chance of survival is greatly improved.
- Asthma & COPD: Apart from all the listed critical conditions, Asthma & COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) can also be successfully treated at Emergency Care Unit. These diseases and ailments are assessed as emergencies and treated with oxygen therapy, steroids, bronchodilators etc. Also, an urgent chest X-ray and arterial blood gases are referred for emergency / intensive care if necessary.
ECU it is a frontline venue where the patients with critical health issues and complications get delivered with emergency medical care. So, if you have any critical problem or health issue from the list –seek the best Emergency Care Unit in Dubai, and get your treatment done by the best professionals.