Private hospitals are the blessing for the people suffering from an injury, illness or a disease. These are the places which have everything to cure you, to ease your discomfort and to treat you in the best manner. But how would you decide which private hospital is better for you; for this, you must look for certain services which are mentioned and discussed below:
- Emergency Care Unit: This is the first thing you must check in a good private hospital to make sure that it is a good hospital with proper services; also, it is quite requisite for a hospital to have an emergency care unit for all the patients with different diseases and emergency care or services. A good private hospital should offer round the clock medical emergency care in their emergency care unit.
- Coronary Care Unit: A good private hospital must have a CCU which is the acronym for Coronary Care Unit. It is the unit that has special arrangements for taking care of the patients with cardiacdysrhythmia, heart attacks, unstable angina and other cardiac problems that call for constant monitoring and treatment.
- Day Surgery Unit: The Day Surgery Unit is where most patients scheduled for elective surgery will begin their surgical journey. It is one of the most important part of any hospital or medical organization to take proper care of the patients, put them at ease and treat them accordingly.
- Cardiac Cath Lab: A Cath lab, which stands for a Catheterization laboratory is an assessment room in a hospital that has diagnostic imaging equipment used for visualizing the chambers as well as the arteries of the heart to treat any stenosis found. The functions, monitorization or treatments that are carried out in a Catheterization lab are angioplasty, angiogram, ablation, and implantation of pacemakers etc. Every private hospital should have Cath lab to deliver the best services to the advanced requirements.
- Adult Intensive Care Unit: The adults and elderly need an extra care as well as attention when they are sick or suffering from grave illness. In fact, the aged people are weaker and require a complete professional care and expert treatment which could be given to them only in the Adult Intensive Care Unit.
If a hospital has all the listed services –you would get a good treatment after a thorough check up. Hence, you must find a reliable, renowned private hospital in Dubai, which offers all the mentioned services, and keep yourself stress free and healthy at all times.
An Emergency Department (ED), also known as Emergency Room (ER), Emergency Care Unit (ECU), or Casualty Department, is a place for medical treatment service –which is specialized In emergency medicine, the keen care of patients whether they appear without any prior appointment; or they have managed to come by an ambulance or by their own means.
The emergency department is generally found in the hospitals or other primary care centers to deliver quality services and facilities to the patients. Here is the list containing critical conditions which are handled in the Emergency Care Unit (Emergency Department):
- Cardiac Arrest: Cardiac arrest is the chronic condition in which a patient may be transported by an ambulance to the ECU. The treatment procedure is either basic life support or advanced life support. A cardiac arrest is an instant life-threatening condition which calls for an immediate treatment in salvageable cases.
- Heart Attack: The people who have a grave heart attack (myocardial infarction) can immediately get into an emergency department. Here, they would be provided oxygen along with monitoring and also have an early ECG; aspirin and morphine will also be given for pain and other requirements. There are lots of other treatments for treating heart attack; the whole department of ECU is profound and potent to bestow best facilities on the patients.
- Mental Illness: Some patients become a part of emergency department having a complaint of mental illness. The emergency care unit conducts a medical clearance for mentally disturbed (ill) patients rather than treating the acute behavioral disorders. Today’s advanced technology helps the emergency department to deal and combat the serious issues like mental illness.
- Trauma: Trauma team of ECU treats trauma effectively; the trauma team has been trained using the ideology taught in the internationally renowned Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) course. The services that are offered in an emergency care unit can range from x-rays to those of a full-scale trauma center. From the treatment in emergency department, a patient’s chance of survival is greatly improved.
- Asthma & COPD: Apart from all the listed critical conditions, Asthma & COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) can also be successfully treated at Emergency Care Unit. These diseases and ailments are assessed as emergencies and treated with oxygen therapy, steroids, bronchodilators etc. Also, an urgent chest X-ray and arterial blood gases are referred for emergency / intensive care if necessary.
ECU it is a frontline venue where the patients with critical health issues and complications get delivered with emergency medical care. So, if you have any critical problem or health issue from the list –seek the best Emergency Care Unit in Dubai, and get your treatment done by the best professionals.